Man on the Run.....
Tuesday, July 05, 2005
  11 Miles on Saturday - July 2nd 2005
We ran at Don Edwards Wildlife Refuge last week. 11 miles was the target. I ran it in two hours and twenty minutes. I was slowed down by Side Stitches and there were some steep gradients as well in the running course . I hope to get maintain a 11:30 to 12:00 minutes per mile pace for the Marathon and I have been consistently hitting this mark in all my practice sessions.

The one thing that I noticed in while I am doing these long runs is that water has never tasted so sweet. Especially, when you run the final stretch and your tongue is parched dry, you just run for the water. The tingling feeling that hits you when the water wets your tongue is something I would call "divine"....
 
Comments:
The tingling feeling that hits you when the water wets your tongue is something I would call "divine"....

Imagine the feeling if it was beer or tequila ;) run sud run !!..

-Rashmi
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

About this Blog

I am going to be running a marathon in Chicago on Sunday, October 9. Since I have never run in my life without a dog chasing me, I have decided to boost up my confidence [ read ego] by narrating some of these mindless experiences.

10 reasons to run this long

TIC TOC TIC TOC

Me, Yourself and Education

I am running this Marathon to raise funds for ASHA For Education

CONTRIBUTE FOR MY RUN. ALL PROCEEDS GO TOWARDS PROVIDING EDUCATION TO DALIT/TRIBAL KIDS IN NALBARI DISTRICT OF ASSAM, AN INSURGENCY RIDDEN AREA

CLICK HERE TO CONTRIBUTE

All contributions are tax deductible

ARCHIVES
April 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 /


Powered by Blogger