Man on the Run.....
Thursday, June 23, 2005
  Crowding thoughts
Training for a marathon is a very different experience. You are not trying to be quick. You are trying to fight the distance and not the time. The only way you can fight the distance is through practice. So, the training has one really long run by the end of whic you will drop dead, two weekly runs by the end of which you want to get into an Indian restaurant and hog as if you just walked all alone through the Sahara desert and one track workout, after which you feel like slaughtering the Pheidippides. [ For non hisotry majors, The marathon race commemorates the run of the soldier
Pheidippides from a battlefield near Marathon, Greece, to Athens in 490 B.C., bringing news of a Greek victory over the Persians. Pheidippides collapsed and died at the end of his historic run]. My only question to Pheidippides before gullitoning him mercilessly would be why didn't he fall dead a little earlier than 26 miles.

But, it is really intresting and intriguing the kind of thoughts that crowd my mind while I am training....

- The breakfast menu at Komala Vilas
- Vital stats of Maliika Sherawat, who I think is the biggest four letter S word that ends with T and the middle two letters are the first two letters of a tiny country in Europe. If you want to know the middle two letters, donate for my marathon.
- Whether the warning about the mountain lions and rattle snake in this trail might come true.
- What would be the half time score at the basketball game?
- When will I have six pack like Peter Andre?
- When can I have my next six pack of Corona?
- When is the next water stop?
- When will this trail end?
- What would Michael Jackson be doing at six in the morning?
- What would be the best punishment for Bradd Pitt and Angelina Jolie for torturing me with a movie like Mr. and Mr.s Smith?
- Why in the damn hell is my test not working?
- Pray that Australia beats England. One of the coaches is a Brit:-)

My mind is amazing. It never concentrates on the job on hand.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

About this Blog

I am going to be running a marathon in Chicago on Sunday, October 9. Since I have never run in my life without a dog chasing me, I have decided to boost up my confidence [ read ego] by narrating some of these mindless experiences.

10 reasons to run this long

TIC TOC TIC TOC

Me, Yourself and Education

I am running this Marathon to raise funds for ASHA For Education

CONTRIBUTE FOR MY RUN. ALL PROCEEDS GO TOWARDS PROVIDING EDUCATION TO DALIT/TRIBAL KIDS IN NALBARI DISTRICT OF ASSAM, AN INSURGENCY RIDDEN AREA

CLICK HERE TO CONTRIBUTE

All contributions are tax deductible

ARCHIVES
April 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 /


Powered by Blogger